In need of a sweet treat for Diwali? Our dear friend, Srikala from Chai This At Home is sharing this incredible tasty treat for No-Bake Parle-G and Masala Chai Cheesecakes. Perfect for your holiday celebration.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cook time: 2 hours
- 32 Parle-G cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tea India Masala Chai Tea Bags
- Steep the Tea India tea bags in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Discard the bags and let cool completely.
- In the meantime, process the Parle-G cookies and salt in a blender until fine.
- Add the butter and 2 tablespoons of cooled chai concentrate to the crumbles and mix gently.
- Line a muffin tray with liners and press down 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture in each mold to form a crust. Place in the freezer until the remaining is done.
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- Seeds from 3 green cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- A pinch each of powdered cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- 12 raspberries (optional)
- 4 Parle-G cookies
Instructions for the cheesecake:
- Blend the spices together finely to make a chai masala.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, and chai masala.
- Using a hand mixer with whisk attachments combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently add in the cream cheese mixture. Be careful to not mix too much, as you don't want to deflate the air you just incorporated.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and divide the cheesecake mixture into each mold evenly (~1 ⅓ tablespoons).
- Freeze again for 2 hours.
- Add a raspberry on top of each and place in the fridge until ready to serve, if using.
- Coarsely crumble the cookies on top of the cheesecakes before serving.
Click here for the full post.