These healthy and easy Coconut Almond Breakfast Cookies from our friend Srikala at Chai This at Home blog are the ultimate breakfast on-the-go snack. With a hint of natural sweetness, these cookies are low carb and high nutrition. They're perfect for the work week and pair well with our Chai Moments instant chai lattes. Just mix one packet into a cup of hot water, grab a cookie and go!
Make 2 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20-35 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsps. of melted 100% coconut oil
- 3 tbsps. of 100% maple syrup
- 4 tbsps. of eggs whites
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 tbsps. of cacao nibs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients well, except the cacao nibs.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place the bowl of cookie dough in the freezer and preheat the over to 375F.
- When the oven is ready, remove it from the freezer (about 10 minutes).
- Using a tablespoon scooper, male flattened balls of dough and evenly space them on a cookie sheet.
- Top each one off with cacao nibs and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
*If you're not a coconut person, simply omit (no changes to the recipes). If you're a vegan, use a replacer (like a flax egg) for the egg whites.
Check out the full post here.