Our recipe for Iced Citrus Chai is simple to make, and delicious to sip on a hot summer day. The chai spices complement the citrus flavors perfectly and when served over ice it's just chai-tastic.
- 2 Masala Chai Tea Bags
- 1 cup of chilled sparkling water
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 4 Star Anise
- Mint (optional)
- Brew masala chai tea bags according to package.
- Add the star anise, and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut lemons and limes into wedges.
- Divide brewed tea into 4 glasses, add chilled sparkling water, ice cubes and garnish with lemon and lime wedges. Add a touch of mint for added flavor.