You'll find all the delicious spices of chai in our melt-in-your-mouth Chai Banana Bread.
Serving Size: 1 loaf
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of plain fat-free yogurt
- 5 tbsps. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps. low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, yogurt, melted butter and eggs and mix until well blended. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended.
- Combine cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and allspice. Stir 1 1/2 tsps. of spice mixture and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract into batter. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Optional: combine remaining spice mixture, remaining vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over bread.