Looking for a special Valentine's Day treat? We've got you covered! Our Chai Molasses Cookies are soft and chewy on the inside with deliciously crispy edges. Seasoned with fragrant chai spices, it's the ultimate sweet snack for you and your someone special.
Serving Size: 2 dozen
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp, vanilla
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsps. baking soda
- 3 tsps. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Coarse sugar for rolling
- Preheat over to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Whip until light and fluffy. Add egg, molasses and vanilla and whip until well combined.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and salt together in medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, so you can easily roll them into balls.
- Roll into small balls and coat all sides with coarse sugar.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, until edges are crisp and tops begin to crack. Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with your favorite cup of chai!