Chai tastes wonderful on its own, but it also pair well with sweets. These muffins made with our Masala Chai Tea Bags are infused with the goodness of chai and can be eaten as a tasty snack or a filling breakfast. A perfect warm up on a cold day!
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation time: 70 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 Tea India Masala Chai Tea Bags
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 glace cherries
- 1 orange, zest only
- 3 tbsps. butter
- 1/2 cup of soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 2 tsps. mixed spice
- A sprinkling of granulated sugar
- Place the masala chai tea bags in a large bowl. Cover with 1 cup of boiling water and stir. Add the dried fruit and orange zest. Cover and allow to infuse for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 4 hours. Remove the tea bags squeezing out any excess water and discard.
- Preheat the over to 350F. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Slowly add the egg and beat to combine. Fold in the flour and spices. Gently fold into the tea infused with fruits and combine.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and spoon the mix evenly between each case. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake in a preheated over for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack. Enjoy!