This warmly spiced hot chocolate chai combines two of your favorite drinks into one cozy winter treat. It has a delicious balance of spices that perfectly complements the rich chocolate. This is the kind of warm beverage you want while sitting around a fire, enjoying the company of family and friends.
Makes 2 cups
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 Tea India Masala Chai Tea Bag
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the tea bag, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the sugar and cocoa.
- Return to the stove over medium heat and bring just to a boil. Mix in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick for garnish.