Looking for a new twist on iced tea? This tangy sparkling iced tea from our friend Farah Manley is made with freshly brewed orange pekoe tea, fresh ginger and a splash of sparkling water for a refreshing summertime drink.
Makes 1 pitcher
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes & chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- 4 Tea India Orange Pekoe Chai Tea Bags
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Half an inch of ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. + a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling water of choice
- Add tea bags, sugar, 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, and thinly sliced ginger into boiling water. Let it steep for several minutes, stir and place in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, remove the ginger (if you want an added kick, you can muddle the ginger).
- Pour your tea concentrate mixture into 1/3 of the glass you will be serving it in.
- Fill half the glass with ice
- Pour your sparkling water to the top (roughly 2/3 of your glass).
- If you want an additional kick, add more lemon or ginger, enjoy!