Ginger Iced Tea
Looking for a new twist on iced tea using orange pekoe black tea? Well look no further! Our friend, Farah Manley, is sharing a wonderful tangy sparkling iced tea mix that’s easy and tasty. This afternoon beverage is the perfect pick-me-up in the middle of the day and has the perfect touch of fresh ginger, some lemon, and a splash of sparkling water for a refreshing summertime drink.
Ginger and Lemon
Lemon and ginger blended together add the perfect zest and flavor in beverages and dishes. Ginger can help add a spicy kick to your drink. Lemon brings a tangy citrus taste to a recipe. Adding a squeeze of lemon can also enhance the flavor of everything blended in the mix, whether it be a sweet or a savory dish.
Aside from taste, lemon and ginger paired together can help keep your body healthy. Many studies indicate that consuming ginger can help when it comes to protecting you against heart disease. Adding ginger into your diet can help lower your blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels, and relieve heartburn.
Bringing lemon in your diet has its own health benefits as well. Lemons are a strong source of vitamin C, fiber, and other supportive plant compounds. Like ginger, lemons can help support your heart health while also being a beneficial source for weight control and your digestive health.
To learn more about the benefits of ginger and lemon in your tea, click here.
Sparkling Ginger Iced Tea Ingredients
- 4 Tea India Orange Pekoe Tea Bags
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Half an inch of ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. + a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling water of choice
- Ice cubes
*Optional: Lemon slices for extra flavor and a garnish
Ginger Drink Recipe
Makes 1 pitcher
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes & chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- Add tea bags, sugar, 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, and thinly sliced ginger into boiling water. Let it steep for several minutes, stir and place in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, remove the ginger (if you want an added kick, you can muddle the ginger).
- Pour your tea concentrate mixture into 1/3 of the glass you will be serving it in.
- Fill half the glass with ice
- Pour your sparkling water to the top (roughly 2/3 of your glass).
- If you want an additional kick, add more lemon or ginger, enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to mention @drinkteaindia!