Our friend Srikala from Chai This at Home blog is sharing her Masala French Toast, a perfect fusion recipe which you can make in no time! A popular street food in India, it's the perfect combination of toast, eggs and spices. Serve with Tea India Masala Chai for a filling breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- a pinch of turmeric
- a pinch of red chili powder or black pepper powder
- a pinch of garam masala
- a pinch of salt
- a splash of milk
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tsps. of butter
- Heat a pan on medium-high and add 1/2 tsp of butter.
- Toast a slice of bread on either side until lightly browned.
- Using a spoon, pour the egg mixture and spread it on the slice, flip and repeat on the other side. (alternatively, you can cut the crust off the bread slices, cut the slide in half, and toast on either side)
- Set aside.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan to make an omelette.
- Place a toasted slice of bread on it and wrap it with the omelette.
- Remove and serve with some piping hot masala chai.
Check out the full post here.